Monday, August 23, 2010

CAMPI Car Show with Miggie

I went to the CAMPI Car Show at the World Trade Center with Miggie last Saturday.

Uncle Bobby gave me 2 tickets. Of course, I passed by the BMW booth to thank him if ever he was there.

Funny thing, the two receptionist like ladies at the front of the booth did not know who he was. The third saved the other two. Maybe they know him better as Demosthenes. Hala kayo!!! kidding aside it was an interesting show, but I had more fun taking pictures of Miggie next to the cars. Wasn't going for artsy but just snapshot like photos for memories sake.

I was looking at the car models and Miggie, ironically, was looking at the female models. haha She even pointed out that some of them had fake bumpers. The cars? no, the models!

Most of the higher end vehicles I feel I have become desensitized to because I see them all the time in the village. There's a house here that has all the top of the line Porsches at home. They can be seen through his transparent gate. The only unique car I saw was the Benz Gullwing but it's not my thing.

I liked the new Patrol but don't feel its worth it for the price. The Hyundai Genesis looked cool for a Hyundai. The model kept trying to jump backwards and land on the hood of the car but kept sliding off. She ended up looking like she was trying to hump the car.

The models from Honda seemed to be crowd drawers and they did look like they enjoyed the attention. The Toyota Alphard "luxury" van looking interesting but not my thing for 2 million pesos. I'd rather get an SUV like the older Nissan Patrol.

The Jeep Rubicon seemed like a good everyday car were it not for it's gas guzzling engine. The BMW Z4 is still a head turner and even better with it's stronger engine. The new 5 series seems like a great everyday driver's car. I'd like the new X5 just cause I'm used to the height.

The show was packed. We had to park across the World Trade Center. Luckily it was not scorching hot although Miggie had to deal with possible Marylyn Monroe moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis