Thursday, August 6, 2009

Why Do I Write?

I've been asked this by many, and have also asked myself the same question. Why do I write all these stories about my father?

What's in it for me? or for you?

Well, let me start by giving some background. My father was the late Executive Judge Voltaire Rosales. If you google him, you'll find out why for the background.

Knowing this, we can move on sometime in the future, or past, whichever way you want to see it.

We were at the De La Salle Professional Schools building where they gave my father the privilege of being the first Ka Pepe Diokno award as being a Champion of Human Rights. The Head of the Brothers of La Salle talked to me afterward and asked that I write down my memories of my father and make a book.

That was sometime ago, and so here I am, writing in the easiest medium I have with me, the net. So please, I beg your indulgences when i start posting very sentimental things aside from my usual jokes. One day, I'll probably look back at this and just laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis