Monday, August 31, 2009

Dare Devil




My Dad's favourite comic book character was Dare Devil.

Dare Devil was from a place called Hell's Kitchen, a crime infested suburb of New York that his secret identity wished to clean up. It was a poor area which the gangs run with impunity.

His regular persona was a blind lawyer (blind justice I guess) which later became Dare Devil with supersonic hearing who fought crime like Batman except he made pleadings in his spare time.

I guess that's why my Dad liked the comic. Deep down he wanted to clean up his home town and one way or another, make a difference. He wasn't jumping from building to building, but when he went against his Kingpin, he was able to send him to jail, even if it eventually cost him his life.

It was his passion to make right what apathy had allowed to make wrong.

I wonder how many other Dare Devils we have in law school today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis