Saturday, August 14, 2010

and the Prize IS!!!



I finally found some time to choose my gift using the gift certificate from chuvaness.com.

It came down to:


The 5 Million Dollar Home Crumpler with my AW200 Slingshot in the background stuffed with my 40D with a 24-70L lens and 580EX II flash.
The 5 Million Dollar home from Crumpler. I brought my camera with me to see if it would fit. It was snug, but just right for on the go shots or tours where I only needed my camera in a small bag. Just right if you ask me. Price? 3,450 pesos. With a discount, I only had to add one hundred pesos.






OR The ANSMANN Battery charger from True Value with LCD for high tech charging of my ENELOOPs for my xbox 360 batteries:

ANSMANN Auto Battery Charger with LCD Screen
That would cost me only 2,600 so it would be below the 3,000 pesos gift check.

OR


Sennheiser HD 448s!



The Sennheiser HD 448! I found 448s instead of 438s at Digital Walker Parksquare!
    
  I got lucky and found the LAST Sennheiser HD 448s!!! For 4,300 Pesos, I only had to add P1,300 to get it. Not bad for relatively high quality headphones with great sound quality according to most reviews on the internet. 





In the end, I decided to go with...


THE SENNHEISER HD 448s!!!!!

The Senheisser HD 448s next to my Tax Book in the library. They sound GREAT!!!

Hey, I got a three thousand peso gift check for free! Might as well buy something I wouldn't normally buy with my own money. I most likely would not buy P4,300 peso headphones (Unless they were the BOSE Quiet Comfort 15s, but that's a different story).

Just like the reviews said on the net, the initial sound out of the box sounded thin, but after a few hours the staging and sound quality of the mids and highs started gathering steam and I couldn't believe the detail I was hearing from the same iPod songs I often listen to.

I've read it takes 30 hours of initial break-in to get them in full swing and I can't imagine how much better they can get. Well, no buyer's remorse here. I love my Senheissers! 

On a side note, when I used the Ayala electronic giftcheck, the staff in the store did not know how to use it and had to call their HQ on instructions on how to properly debit it.





Thanks again to Mrs. Cecile Zamora Van Straten for subsidizing my new toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis