Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Girlfriend Kicks Ass! (Windows 7)

My girlfriend kicks ass! Thanks Miggie!

Miggie gave me my pasalubong from her vacation and the inner geek in me is thrilled.

She got me Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit/32-bit (MSRP $350!)!!! Ok, I know I'm a Mac guy and Snow Leopard has been great on my Macbook Pro but that doesn't mean I can't tech lust over the newest highly-rated OS from Microsoft!

To top it off, she got me a Geek t-shirt, notebook and a pen from the Microsoft store in the Redmond, Washington Microsoft Headquarters!!! GGEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!

Add to that some Geek food like ready made Salmon and cream biscuits, I'm roaring to install Windows 7 on bootcamp to complement my Mac OSX.

Check out the photos! The Microsoft bag was the Ultimate Microsoft Geek gift-wrapper.

Thank You MIGGIE!



2 comments:

  1. I saw in your profile that you like the xbox 360 as well. Was wondering if you were looking forward to or going to purchase any of the new games coming out? Seems like there's so many this year, but then again it usually gets this way during the holiday season. Well, it's great to see another blogger with a common interest... hope to keep in touch. oh, and by the way, how's the windows 7? thinking of upgrading myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windows 7 is great.

    My biggest fear was that it would be a resource hog compared to Windows XP which was originally being used in Boot Camp.

    Windows 7 did not disappoint. It was snappy and with the drivers that came with Snow Leopard for my Macbook Pro, has been steady and just as fast as snow leopard. I use it mostly for games and other XP software.

    Been using this CAD program thats over 10 years old and it works even better in 7 than it did in XP when it comes to rendering in 3D.

    If you can get it for a good price, I'd jump over Vista and go straight to 7. Backing up files will be easy if you use Windows Easy Transfer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis