Saturday, November 7, 2009

Forza Motorsport 3

Just received my newest videogame from my Auntie Ceres, Forza Motorsport 3. I guess it's trying to make it at the tail-end of my sem-break.



Sorry for the crappy pic, Didn't really feel like getting out the SLR to take a photo. Too bad the boy's came over last night and not today, I'm sure they would have enjoyed this. The significance of getting this game in the US is that it's region locked and my Xbox 360 plays only US NTSC games or Region Free asian/NTSC-J games. Forza 3 being NTSC should work with my console.

I've played Forza 2, but only with the demo game I downloaded off Xbox Live. That seemed dry and numerous tries to buy it second hand for a few hundred pesos (maybe ten US dollars) have always failed due to lack of time or patience to deal with the seller. Apparently it was  all for the better cause Forza 2 wasn't that great to begin with.

I'm going to have to install a second disk in Forza 3 cause of all the cars it contains. Its a good thing I have a 120gig Hard drive for my 360. The box says it requires 3 gigs of space. I installed disc 2 first then disc 1 only to find out that when you play the game, it will ask you to install disc 2 from inside the game itself. oh well.

Just finished the 1st race of the game with the red Audi R8 5.2 liter that they make you use. I was surprised the controls were set to the old Gran Turismo settings of front buttons being gas and brake and bumper buttons for shifting gears. I prefer that over having it the opposite but was expecting to get used to accelerating with the bumpers anyway. 3 achievements unlocked in the first race. The game is more polished than the second and the rewind function isn't as bad as people say it is.

I used the cockpit view and that felt to be easiest for giving depth of space. While playing career mode the announcer that guides you sounds British, giving the game a Top Gear feel to it haha.

I'll play some more now :D!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis