Friday, November 13, 2009

Are Globe and Smart Lying about their network capacity?

Are Globe Telecom and Smart lying about their network capacity? I can't help but feel this way ever since typhoon Ondoy ended.

Globe has been horrible. Calls are fuzzy and drop. It is not as clear as it was before Ondoy. Text messages sometimes arrive hours to a day late and inter-network calls are downright bad. I can't understand my mom when she calls me using her Smart. I live in Makati and rarely leave the Makati area.

Smart has been horrible for my mom too, but thats probably because many people call her on her smart using Globe numbers.


The funny thing is, the winner of all this seems to be Sun Cellular. Their network quality hasn't changed. Sometimes their call quality is better than Globe when being used in the same area. Either their cell sites were not affected by Ondoy, or people have been so used to their bad service that no one really notices the difference unless Globe or Smart fall below Sun's quality.




Oh well. They better work this out. There's a mean joke about all this, but we can save that for comments if ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis