Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Breguet Classique Complications Tourbillon Messidor Mens Rose Gold Watch

This is a freaking amazing watch. It's a technological marvel. At almost 130 thousand US Dollars, its pretty expensive. 

Amazon gives it at almost 23 thousand off. Wow, makes it more affordable. Yeah right!

But what was amusing were the many reviews on Amazon about the watch. Obviously most of them were just mocking the watch in general, but I thought it would be fun to share some of the more funny reviews.


Review 1:

The finest watch made by Breguet thus far. I make it a point to buy one of these a year but with the rose-gold color band, the lightweight 40mm thickness, and the pink color dial, I had to buy two.

When first released, I was initially concerned that I would not have the opportunity to purchase this timepiece due to my daughter requiring a kidney transplant. However, it took a bit longer than I thought it would trying to work her surgery into the budget of this purchase and she passed away 6 weeks before release (talk about "timing"!!!). Thus, I was able to make this finest of purchases, after all. The second watch is in a case commemorating my daughter's memory (I believe my wife had named her Kelly. Or Kristy.)

Anyway, the finest of all watches. It isn't for every man, though. Just the ones that truly matter.

Review 2:

Well I feel like a sucker. I went ahead and bought this watch figuring it should be great for 123 grand right? It doesn't actually tell time though. I looked at the face and had a hard time seeing the hands. If you can find them, they don't actually move clockwise, they kind of move at random. The watch hurts to wear, and smells bad too, At 3:00 AM it makes a screeching sound that penetrates your mind and makes you want to scratch your eyes out. I had to borrow the money to buy this watch from a guy named guido at 64% interest. so far he has broken three of my fingers and took my car. I tried to throw the infernal thing away and it keeps just showing up. haunting my dreams,at least until I get another three AM wake up screech. I really hate this watch. 
 

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. The importance of a quality watch shouldn't be taken advantage of. The watch market is certainly vast, and with so many options, it is easy to see that some are definitely better than others. Breitling Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breitlings are cool but I don't think they make their own movement.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis