Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Nokia 8 Series









The Nokia 8 series have always been simple phones.


They rarely had new tech in them. What made them stand out were the materials they were made of.

The rightmost phone was my first Nokia 8 series. I remember when the phone first came out in High School. The slide mechanism was so cool. It sported a colourless screen with the screen cracked because my friend Gerald sat on it.


The leftmost one came out in college. The Nokia 8800 served me well and did what the older one couldn't; keep more than 50 SMS messages in the inbox and save more than 200 contacts in the phone memory.


Well worn and the innards were replaced more than twice for free care of the premium nokia warranty that came with the phone.

The newer one is the Carbon Arte. Same simplicity with tried and tested tech instead of new and unstable firmware. It saves even more SMS and has an even heftier weight than the previous stainless steel version. Carbon Fiber gives the phone that sporty feel.

I'm hoping this phone lasts me just as long, if not longer, than my last one. This will be a great personal phone to compliment my E71 business phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis