Sunday, June 28, 2009

Makansutra @ Ocean Park Manila



I was invited to a food taste testing at Makansutra, Ocean Park.

The place is a food court/hawker area which is a franchise of the same name from Singapore. They served 14 different meals in huge servings and after the 4th I could barely bite from the next ones.

I took a few pictures (and then was later told politely told not to because it was a soft opening) so I'll keep things simple and only post a picture of the food court and two drinks, the Michael Jackson and the Budden (sp?).

The Michael Jackson is a soya milk drink with dark gulaman, part black and part white. The pink drink had gulaman (called chin chow) strips and was a bit sweet.

The 1st meal was the beef in broth. I liked that the best especially since it had a super chillly sauce that made my nostrils flare.

Their haianese rice tasted just like the one I had in Singapore two weeks ago. Not bad, the owner was a flamboyant man with strong character who can work a crowd.

I recommend the place for those who want to try something from Singapore without having to go there. The food is a pot-pourri of different styles from around asia and will give foodies something new to try right after watching the fishies at Ocean Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis