Sunday, March 24, 2013

Lawyer-dominated society

Lawyer-dominated society

An editorial by the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

A very apt description on why we, Filipinos, look at lawyers so highly.

I personally believe we do need more engineers, doctors, architects etc., but this is what fate has given me, and I should count my lucky stars I was given the opportunity by my parents to become one.

One day, the provinces will be given better access to education and information in general. That way, being a lawyer will be more about defending human rights and protecting the way of life we believe in than   being a good option as a candidate.

Don't get me wrong, getting to be a lawyer is no easy task and it is the path of least resistance to acknowledge those who have worked that hard for their accomplishment. What I am saying is that we need more professions to give voice to the people.

A doctor will have a different view on how to run things based on their professional experience, same with an engineer and nurse, and as a democracy, we will better evolve if we are able to assimilate all views from different professions into the system which maintains our way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis