Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Blessings! (A Great Start!)

I am very thankful for the blessings I have been receiving this whole week. I thank my mom and family, Miggie and my friends for all their well wishing. For the first time in a long time, I spent my birthday eve out enjoying.

Of course, I'm super happy with my toys.

The next few pictures show my new toys care of my kind family.










Looking back, I am very thankful I have been able to buy so many nice things. After getting my new gadgets I decided to hide the boxes in my closet. I realized I had so many other boxes from older tech toys so I dedided to do some spring cleaning and clear out these boxes to make space for my bags and new toys and toy boxes.




 Does anyone remember the Discman? While everyone now complains about having a "regular" iPod for jogging when they "should" use a shuffle or nano with flash memory, back then, I was using a Discman with buffer technology to prevent, gasp, skipping music from CDs!

Oh how times have changed.


I found four more cellphone boxes which are not in the pictures. I sure went through a lot of phones. My favourites being the waterproof Nokia 6250 and the Nokia 8 series phones from the 8810, 8910, to the 8800 and now my Carbon Arte 8800.



Who needs a built-in sound card in the mother board when we had 16 bit Sound Blaster technology hogging up a whole card slot? LOL. 



Do you complain about your DSL or Cable being only 6Mbps and not consistent? Damn! Back then we had 56k with V9 technology getting me enough speed to load my Hotmail in a blazing fast one minute! 



Still one of my favourite game series, Red Alert still gets a few plays now and then. I can't believe they have it on the iPad now! We needed the best tech to play this back then. 



But of course, out with the old and welcome new tech! Storage storage storage and of course, my token Blurays and Simpsons series DVDs.








Who would have thought using a PC on a 46" inch Sony LED would be so awesome? I didn't.

Well, I'll end this post with a thank you to all that made this possible. Thanks for starting my birthday off with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis